Saturday, July 12, 2008

Up Late with a Sick Kid

A couple times this week, Nathaniel has vomited for no real apparent reason other than his stomach was hurting & maybe ate too much, I don't know. But then he was fine. Now he's gone two days without being sick. YAY!

However, now Felicia has whatever it was that Nathaniel had.

I was up trying to get the kids to settle down & go to sleep. And Felicia had a tummy-ache. I was reading a little of my book to relax & unwind. Suddenly, I got a major foot cramp in my arch that was making my toes curl. Weird, I know. It happens periodically. I was trying to massage my foot hoping the muscle would release. Felicia kept getting up, so I put her back to bed. In the middle of having another prayer with her so she could sleep...she reached for the bucket (the one the kids get when they're not feeling well). I walked her to the bathroom.

Well, this just turned into a very long night for her. Poor Felicia! Once she barely sat up & couldn't grab the bucket in time. She ran for the bathroom. I had to rinse her in my shower when she was done. I feel really bad for her. She's so uncomfortable. And can't stop vomiting.

To make things worse, is that possible? Ben keeps getting up periodically to check on me. Not a bad thing, but I don't hear or see him until I practically run into him...therefore, scaring me to death! LOL

***************************

On a side note, in between helping & cleaning & rubbing her tummy or back or head, I got to read my book. And finished it! It was AWESOME & AMAZING & WONDERFUL!!! If anyone wants to borrow it, you can. BUT I want it back!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea - I love reading your blog, and I've left a little surprise for you on my blog:
http://mhulshoff.wordpress.com/2008/07/12/yay-awards/

Lisa Joy said...

So that was a good Patterson book? I didn't love the last one i read.

I hope everyone is feeling better and you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

I hope that Felicia is feeling better, there's nothing worse than puking children!
I am glad that you got in some time between all that to read your book.
HAve a fabulous weekend!

Lori Decoite said...

ugh!!! Hang in there. we were up all night putting cortazone on bug bites, but yours sounds worse.

I think someone already awarded you, but check my Blog.

Crazymamaof6 said...

huge bummer having sick kids! now i REALLY glad we didn't have her spend the night, liberty was begging again. UGH! anyway, awesome you got to finish your book that is EXCITING! way to go!