Sunday, July 13, 2008

Exhausted...

I've been at the ER since 8pm last night! Felicia got sicker and was having severe abdominal pain. Turns out she had appendicitis. According to the CT Scan, they thought that it may have ruptured, but luckily when they got in to take it out a few hours ago, it was still in tact but very infected. Right now she is resting and doing much better. She hasn't eaten since Friday evening, and then she vomited all that night and mostly Saturday even a couple times in the ER. We are so grateful she's OK. My hubby is still at the hospital with her right now. My parents have been graciously taking care of our other 3 kids. I came home because I desperately need a shower & wash my hair (haven't done that for several days) especially if I'm going to be there all day and night again.

Anyway, just wanted to check-in and say I probably won't be back online the rest of today. I'm heading back over to the hospital when I'm done getting cleaned up.

She will probably be able to come home tomorrow. Thank goodness!

14 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Oh wow, I'm glad everything's ok. I almost lost my brother due to appendicitis (not to scare you or anything). It was a really hard time. Of course more happened than just the appendicitis. My 5'10" brother came home weighing 92 pounds. It was a real mess. But that was ten years ago.

So I can definitely feel for you. I'm sure my mom can understand how you feel more as it was her child going through it all as well. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers and thoughts.

I hope your little girl gets better! And comes home soon!

Lori Decoite said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Sounds like she is on the road to recovery. Good luck and hang in there.

Sunny1972 said...

Oh sorry to hear that but good that it was taken out in time!! Hope shes much better soon and gets lots of TLC!!!!

abhall76 said...

OMGosh I am glad that she is ok. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

((hugs))

Crazymamaof6 said...

oh my gosh! that is NOT FUN! poor thing! you guys are good taking her in! i'd probably ignore the symptoms! glad everything turned out ok! poor girlie!

Dinphy said...

What a scare! And what a relieve she's doing so much better.

I can understand you thought at first she had the same thing as you boy! Same symptoms, different problem. Well, I think it's a trick of mother nature that shouldn't be allowed. ;)

I wish you lots of strength, and I hope she's allowed to go home tomorrow, and will be all better soon.

Anonymous said...

Please know that your in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that everything is ok. Please keep us posted.

verabear said...

Glad to hear that she's doing better already. All the hugs!

Allison said...

WOW!! I think while she is recooperating she needs to eat LOTS of ice cream. That will help her to get better faster, because ice cream is very healthy for little girls that are sick and just had surgery. :)

Glad to know that it did not burst and that they were able to do the surgery quickly.

Know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, especially Felicia. Have fun watching lots of movies with her while she recoops and the other children too.

Anonymous said...

How scary! I am so glad you guys caught in on time. When Jon and I were 1st married, he had horrible abdominal pain, my dad thought he should go get it checked out. He went to the doctor, and was in surgery an hour later, it was so scary! Hang in there, I hope she feels better soon!

Jamie said...

OH Poor girl !!! I sure hope she feels better soon!!!!

Jen said...

Poor thing!! I hope she is better soon and gets to come home!! What a weekend!

Janan said...

Sorry to hear about that! I hope she contiues to feel better and get to have some FOOD!!! Dang, give that girl anything she wants!!!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

oh man! i hope she gets feeling better soon.