Saturday, January 16, 2010

my word for 2010

Word2010-Achieve

ACHIEVE: to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish; to get or attain by effort; gain; obtain; to bring about an intended result; accomplish some purpose or effect; to attain with effort or despite difficulty.

Notice the last definition. It means I actually have to WORK on my goals and not just sit by and wait for them to get crossed off my list without any effort.

I have so many goals for this year {especially since I failed miserably with my word from last year} that I’m hoping I can ACHIEVE something this year. I will take one goal at a time and WORK on it until I ACHIEVE it.

Have you picked a word for the year? If you need ideas, like I did, you can go HERE. {I totally got this idea from Allie Edwards} I looked thru the list of words, for inspiration, then wrote down a few that stood out to me and narrowed it down again from there. Good Luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your idea of choosing a word for the year. Mine for this year is GRATITUDE. I'm going to focus on saying THANK YOU more often, and sending out actual thank you notes in the mail. (which I have yet to do, but have made a list).
I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your mom. I can't imagine losing mine, and I pray for comfort for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful word!!! i love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

--this is Merrianne :")

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!
I TAGGED you on my blog!!!!