Friday, July 11, 2008

Alvin, Simon & Theodore



Today was Summer Movie Fun and we saw Alvin & the Chipmunks. It was really CUTE!

We almost didn't make it. We woke up really late, only had a few minutes to get ready, the girls were fighting as we went out the door, then Ashley had a melt down. I was not very pleased about it! We arrived right after the movie started, luckily we only missed a couple minutes (well me, the kids already saw it), and it wasn't crowded at all, so we got good seats up top. We made microwave popcorn & divided it up along with a box of runts. So, everyone had their own treats {aka breakfast of champions}! LOL

It was funny and we got to see some friends! I was feeling kinda icky because I didn't get a shower, hadn't washed my hair for several days (ok, since Sunday) and had to touch-up my leftover makeup. As we were leaving, I saw some other moms (who I didn't know) and realized that I wasn't the only one who probably rushed out the door without looking my very best. OK, I suddenly didn't feel too bad.

BTW - Ashley lost her 2nd front tooth just before bedtime Wednesday night. I'll post a pic later. She looks really cute & gummy! tee hee :)

I made my first potroast yesterday that I cooked for 3 hours but turned out like a thick steak. YUCK! I do NOT like steak! That's why I cook meat overnight on low heat when I want shredded beef! The potatoes & carrots turned out fabulous! So, when we got home today, I threw the rest of the pot roast (plenty leftover since we didn't eat much of it yesterday) into the crockpot and cooked it all afternoon. {my Mom's idea} It was heavenly by the time Ben got home for dinner! Thank goodness for crockpots and Moms who have the answers to everything! THANK YOU, MOM!!

Oh, I read some more of my book last night and now I'm half done. It's so good! I just love James Patterson! He's such an incredible author and storyteller!

2 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Yeah, we were up in plenty of time, but decided to skip today. Julie was calling me on her way though, and I'm sure she ran in just about the same time as you! heehee.

Anonymous said...

Jake really wants to see this movie, it's a perfect time I guess.

Aren't moms the best!!