Monday, July 28, 2008

My Mornings & Growing Up

DSO-DOsie Week 4

YAY time for another weekly challenge on the DSO Blog!!

Your challenge, should you accept it....make a layout of a typical morning for YOU!!

Here's mine:

{ I used LPand3dogs "This-N-That" & KimB "card-arrows" blog freebie}
If you take on this challenge, don't forget to leave a comment with a link on the DSO Blog.

I also made this layout for the DSO Book of Me Challenge. I'm not sure I've ever completed a layout for that challenge before, although I've wanted to each month.

Yep, that's me when I was 14 and a Freshman in high school (although we called it 9th grade because we were still at the junior high). Anyway, I had big poofy hair including the bangs!! I used LOTS of hairspray (never liked the aerosol though). I had bad acne (which I spared everyone by cleaning it up in Photoshop..thank goodness - wish I could've done that in real life)! haha And I don't know what happened but seriously, the week I graduated high school...my acne totally cleared up and I only get a couple zits at a time when I get them! I feel as though I deserve some clear skin though, my skin was so bad & I started getting zits when I was like 12. None of my friends had them, I felt so icky. That's what happens when you have oily skin. I even washed my face all the time. Went to the dermatologist, that helped for a while but too expensive to keep it up.

My eyebrows were weird, sparse yet all over. My Mom kept trying to help me use some tweezers but I was so scared that I would do it wrong and it would look BAD! So I didn't tweeze at all. But really, how could they get any worse than they already were?! LOL :) I also used to get perms probably every 6 months! My hair used to be totally straight before perms, but once I stopped getting perms, my hair suddenly started to do a not-very-pretty wavy curl thing, but mostly in the back! It's gotten curlier since I had kids too. Blah! So I have to blow dry my hair straight or use a flat iron once in a while.

Alright, 'nuff about the good ol' days of adolescence! This was a fun layout to make. Just looking at it makes me feel kinda old. I felt so *grown up* at 14 with my makeup and big hair! tee hee

I used my "My Girl" flowered paper {and elements that I'm still working on}. Hopefully I will get them finished, so I can get them in the store. So, this layout is kind of like a little sneaky peek!!

7 comments:

charlie said...

fantastic LO's Andrea..takes me back to the good old days..lol..its funny what you wrote about your hair..as my hair went from dead staright to curly when i had my first child and yes i had many a perm in my youth..lol

keep up the fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Love those layouts, those are great!

Wendy said...

Too funny! That's the Andrea I remember!

Becky said...

I love that story !! I think I could say the same for me. Based on what I remember about 9th grade you were definitely in style !!

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Thanks for the compliments! I just love making the book templates. Have you heard of Heritage Makers?

I'm glad your friends blog worked! I'm sorry yours didn't. I wish I knew what was up with it.

I just downloaded your Dad's Den kit. I need to download the rest of your freebies! I worry that the links are going to expire.

Once I make a few layouts with that kit, I'll let you know.

Thanks again! I'm glad we met!

Crazymamaof6 said...

darn cute pages! way to go on those. fun old pic too! and love your daily grind. wish i made breakfast. i don't, they scrounge .

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Lovely layouts! I really like the daily grind one , love that wheel!
didn't we ALL have big hair back then? :)