Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Word of the Year

I've seen that several bloggers are coming up with ONE WORD as their inspiration for their goals for the year. I really like this idea, so I have been thinking and thinking about what I want mine to be. I had two that I kept going back 'n forth but finally settled on this one:

PEACE

(some of the definitions I liked)

~ freedom of the mind from Annoyance, Distraction, Anxiety, an Obsession, etc ~ Tranquility; Serenity ~ Untroubled ~ Content ~ At Peace ~ Keep Peace ~ Make Peace/Peacemaker ~ Absence of Hostility ~ Freedom from Quarrels & Disagreement ~ Harmonious Relations ~ Absence of Mental Stress

"Our Priorities Determine what we Seek in Life." by Dallin H. Oaks (found this quote on Cara's Blog, it's from a book she's reading) I really fell in love with this quote when she posted it.

I really want to do things that give me PEACE. I still need to make a little list (& put it where I can see it all the time) of the kinds of things I think will give me more Peace in my life.

One thing that I've been thinking about a lot since Testimony meeting is visiting the Temple. It really hit me kind of hard when one of the counselors in the Bishopric spoke about visiting the Temple often. We live SO CLOSE to the Temple that we should be able to visit lots! Well, we don't. Actually, we haven't been in a long time. Thinking about it makes me sad. But something else came to mind that could help me accomplish this goal. A gal in my ward does "drop-off" babysitting 2 days a week (during school hours). That's perfect! My hubby has a couple days off the first part of the week (one of them is a day she babysits), so I thought maybe he and I could go visit the Temple on one of his days off and we could drop off Anson for a little while at my friends' house. Awesome! Now we just need to accomplish it. I think it would also be such a neat experience to have a Girls Temple Day! So, anyone who's interested in going together just let me know! (BTW, my friend babysits on Wednesdays & Fridays, so I could go one of those days.) Hey, if you live close, you could use my friend for babysitting if you need to also. She charges $2 per kid per hour. I only have one kid at home during the day right now, so it's totally affordable for me.

Ok, so this post has become longer than I originally planned. Sorry. I'll post the rest of my goals when I finish writing them down.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since your word is peace, I thought you might like this card someone gave me back in November, when I thought everything was falling apart. Let me say, I am in peace.

PEACE
it does not mean to be in a aplace where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

(unknown)

SuperCoolMom said...

Love your word! I'm in for a girl's Temple day! Let's plan it (Wednesday would be best for me.)

jenny said...

Great choice! I just did my word as well today :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love your word!!! You are going to love having it this year. It's such a fun idea.