Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What kind of sandwich do you want?

The kids LOVE making their own "grilled cheese" sandwiches.

The way they make them:
1st-put 2 slices bread in the toaster
2nd-take bread out
3rd-get out slice of American cheese
4th-put cheese on 1 slice of bread, top with 2nd slice of bread
5th-put in microwave for about 8 seconds to melt cheese
6th-slice into 4 triangles & EAT

However, Anson wanted to make a new variation of this sandwich today...

He wanted Crunchy PEANUT BUTTER on it too!!!

"Ewwwwww!!!" is what I was thinking.

I asked him if he was sure...YEP!

OK

I helped him spread some crunchy peanut butter on the top slide & then put it on the cheese. Next, he put it in the microwave to help melt the cheese.

Trying not to make the EWWWW face, I asked him if he was excited for his new sandwich!

YEP!

I had to see his face when he took a bite...SMILE! He LOVED it!

I had to leave the room. LOL :)

I LOVE peanut butter and I like cheese, just NOT together! ha ha

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm with you - EWWWW! But hey, at least he liked it! :P

Jen said...

*shudder* the things kids like! Gavin was just eating some Rocky Road ice cream and saw Jeff eating green beans for dinner and so G started dipping some bean in the chocolate ice cream, he seriously ate half a can of beans worth that way, yuck!

tammy said...

Did you read my post about my son making the peanut butter, mozzarella cheese, and BBQ sauce sandwich a few posts back? Sounds like they could be related!

Crazymamaof6 said...

gross! you are a better mom than me! EWW!

Jamie said...

Crazy kid, PB and cheese?:) I can not wait though for my kids to be big enough to try making their own food.