Saturday, October 6, 2007

General Conference

I just finished watching the first session of the 177th Semi-Annual General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. All the talks have been truly awesome! Since President James E. Faust died, President Hinckley just announced Henry B. Eyring as the new 2nd Counselor in the First Presidency.


And Elder Quentin L. Cook to join the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
If you want to read the whole article, click here.


This is going to be a great weekend full of wonderful talks and spiritual uplifting! I love General Conference! It was always hard for me to watch as a kid just because we'd watch from home, I would get sleepy and close my eyes. Then I'd get in trouble for not watching. I guess as I've gotten older, it has become easier to watch and really want to hear every word. Sometimes it's still a little hard to hear but that's just because the kids are being noisy. But the rule around here is that all the tv's are on the same channel with conference, so no matter where you are in the house, you can hear it. I just asked the kids what they learned from watching this morning session. It was so good to hear they all learned (and remembered) at least one thing. The older kids could name a couple. So, I told them I will ask them again after each session. I think they're beginning to enjoy watching conference.

2 comments:

Supercool Mom said...

there were some wonderful talks today!

Jen Shumway said...

My kids also picked up a couple things they had learned. My eyes shut a little once in a while. I still got a lot of good stuff.