Monday, October 15, 2007

Cute Li'l Critter

Look at what Ben found lurking around by our shed tonight! It's so cool. This grasshopper is a really bright shade of green & big. It also has fast wings & was flying around our house. The kids were loving it! I didn't mind the flying, but I was also cooking dinner & didn't want it to get near the food. ha ha. Don't worry, it didn't. (In Texas, the grasshoppers were even more awesome! They were huge & usually bright yellow w/ green or tan specks. They almost looked plastic. They could jump high & fly. One time we were playing w/ one in our front yard, then it went to jump & fly across the street, when all of a sudden a bird swooped down & snatched it out of the air! It was so wild.)
Ok, I just have to say that at our house, we LOVE geckos, fence lizards, crickets, grasshoppers, moths, and cool-looking bugs. I do NOT like spiders, cockroaches, creepy crawlies, silver fish, earwigs, and other yucky bugs. My hubby on the other hand, loves spiders and snakes! He pretty much loves all creatures except roaches! That's where he draws the line. Anyway, we like to catch bugs & play with them for a little while, then let them go. Nathaniel even has a fun bug catcher that he got for his birthday. I know, we may sound weird, but oh well. We have fun with it. Do you like bugs?

3 comments:

Supercool Mom said...

We're into bugs too. One day 3 different kids brought me baby geckos to admire! I'm dying to get one of those bug vaccuums.

Jen Shumway said...

My kids love bugs. They would of had a hay day with that huge grasshopper

Crazymamaof6 said...

very cool! my kids love that kind of stuff but i don't let them come in the house!