Thursday, August 7, 2008

School Clothes

YAY!!! We accomplished the school clothes shopping yesterday!!! And survived!! We were also done in a couple hours and stopped by Subway for our favorite sandwiches!!

My Mom came with me to help keep the kids focused. We went to Kohl's first because I love their clothes and were having a sale, plus my Mom had an extra 15% off coupon. However, as I was looking around at all the cuteness, I saw the *sale* prices. I still have a hard time paying $19.99 for a pair of kid jeans (and that's the half-off price)! Especially when they ALL needed new clothes! They have outgrown everything!! I was starting to get shaky from the prices since our clothing budget is practically non-existent right now! haha I had to leave.

So, we ventured over to our favorite WalMart. I already bought all their school supplies here, so why not their clothes too! Anyway, we found tons of cute t-shirts that were only $3.50/$4.50/$6.00 each! In all their sizes!! So they each got several shirts and 4 pairs of shorts/capris.

Here's the gang pretty darn happy about their new wardrobe (ok only 7 days worth but they can mix-n-match, right?)!
I just had to take a picture of this too because it doesn't happen very often, willingly. My kids hanging up their shirts and putting EVERYTHING away neatly!
They have ALL their school supplies, new shoes, backpacks & lunchboxes (for those who needed them), and now their school clothes! They are feeling pretty ready for school to start next week!

Oh and can't forget this. Guess who I found that is a new Twilight fan?

Yep, my sweet Ginger immediately crawled over to lay on my Breaking Dawn book as soon as I set it down on my bed (like it was a soft blanket or something). I had to give her a substitute (Eclipse) so that I could continue reading mine. hahaha

I am feeling a little different about this book. I LOVED all the others and am totally loving this one too, and I was in such a hurry to read the others and HAD to know what happened and how the book ended. I read them straight thru as fast as I could! I REALLY want to know how this one ends too and everything in between, but I am enjoying reading only a few chapters a day. I have to say that the first night I got it, I read for about 3 hours and completed the first section (in Bella's perspective). When I got up in the morning though, I sorta didn't want to read Jacob's perspective. So, I put it off a day. I don't know why. Somehow I thought it would be less interesting. I was SO WRONG, which I found out after a page or two!! Well, like I said, I'm dying to know everything that happens, but I'm also trying to prolong the *experience* I guess. I kinda don't want it to END. It gives me a little something to look forward to each day...getting back to Bella and her fascinating world! {then again, I can't wait to be able to talk to my friends & niece all about the story!}

By the way, here's an interesting article about Stephenie Meyer! (oh and my parents just told me recently that my Dad grew up with her MIL. My parents know both her in-laws and her husband when he was little. My Dad recently ran into her MIL and chatted with her, totally not knowing anything about the Twilight world. haha. He asked me if I knew anything about it. Ummm OF COURSE! LOL)

4 comments:

tammy said...

That is so funny about your Dad!

Yeah, it's expensive to clothe kids these days. Ross and TJMaxx are my best friends. And I try to spread out the shopping over several months, so it doesn't hit all at once. My kids feet growing so incredibly fast is what kills me! I just bought them new shoes 3-4 months ago, and they need new ones again. And Taylor just grew an inch and is now taller than me -- he's 12!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome congrats on that. and looks like a fab trip shopping. I'm realistic. and think Kohls is over priced.

Anonymous said...

New clothes, good stuff.
They all look so stinkin' cute.

Becky said...

I bought Sophie some back to school clothes at walmart too! Between Target and Walmart I think I got it covered. I wish I could cut hair but I'm not that steady with the scissors. You did a great job though!!!