Friday, December 14, 2007

I've been tagged again...

By JULIE to list 10 things I've never confessed on my blog before. Ok, here goes (in no particular order):

1. I can't stand it if the kids wet the bed. I try to be understanding, but as they get bigger it seems preventable - like using the bathroom before they go to bed or slow down on their drinking. Really it doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's very annoying to me. I was never a bed wetter, so that's probably why I have a hard time with it. Who knows?

2. No matter what time church is, we can NOT seem to get there on time! I hate that! I don't like being late, but it happens. Yes, sometimes it's my fault because I'm the last one to be ready but sometimes I'm last because I've spent my "get ready" time helping the kids.

3. I think Sponge Bob Square Pants is super annoying!!! I don't like the cartoon and really can't stand to listen to his voice or theme song! But my kids love him, so I try to ignore it when they watch it. And as it turns out, just a few months ago, my hubby told me that he kind of likes Sponge Bob. Traitor!! LOL :)

4. I took Japanese in high school for 4 years, but hardly remember very much. Although, I still know how to ask to use the restroom. That one was very important in our summer school class. ha ha Plus we watched part of E.T. in Japanese, so I know how to say "phone home" tee hee :)

5. I started playing the violin in the school orchestra when I was almost 9 and even took private lessons til I was a junior or senior in high school. But haven't hardly touched my violin since high school graduation. It makes me sad because I was pretty good and I miss it. I own 2 violins but they both need new strings and the bows need to be re-haired - which costs a lot when you have to do it all at the same time.

6. I learned to type when I was in 8th grade. It was kind of a requirement for our family to learn. Both of my parents can type really well and super fast. So, we're all pretty fast & accurate! I actually LOVE to type! When I worked as office manager in a small office, I used to retype our contract forms because I thought they looked ugly and old. Plus we only had them on paper and not in the computer. I loved entering all kinds of forms into the database. Sound weird? Well, I think it's fun!

7. I LOVE math and really enjoy doing our own taxes! I have done our taxes myself since we've been married (that's 11yrs). The last few years I've prepared and sent them thru TurboTax online, which is totally awesome. But usually a couple months before the year is over, I do a mock tax return to see where we're at, like if we're going to owe or how much we may get back. Yep, I'm one of those math nerds!

8. My Mom gave me a Bosch mixer and an electric wheat grinder in July 2005. Since then, I've been making my own whole wheat bread (except for the last few months, just haven't been in the mood although I love & miss my bread).

9. I don't really like "fast food" it doesn't taste that good to me anymore. I used to love french fries in high school. Then I went a few years w/o eating it and then started eating it more since we've had kids (esp since we moved back to AZ). But I think I'm not gonna eat it very much anymore. Plus I always feel gross after I eat a hamburger or fries. If we do go, I usually order grilled chicken. Fries are ok only once in a while and they have to be fresh hot!

10. It totally bugs me that the kids can't or won't keep their stuff picked up! I refuse to pick up their messes. If they can make the mess, then they can clean it up. Anson is still young (only 3), so I help him or the other kids help him. But Ashley (5), Felicia (8), and Nathaniel (9) are definitely old enough to pick up after themselves! I just wish they would clean up when they're done playing, and I didn't have to yell at them to get it done (and still not get it done). I feel like I'm constantly nagging them to clean up (yet the house doesn't look cleaned up cuz of their crap)!

There you have it - my deep dark secrets. ha ha

I'm not tagging cuz I don't have very many people to tag, but if you want to play along you can. List 10 things that you haven't mentioned or confessed on your blog before. Then please let me know so I can come take a peek!

1 comment:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow fabulous! i had no idea you like to type and do math. and wow on not liking French fries a ton. i also had no clue you played violin, but that makes sense since you are old friends with Alicia. you don't talk about it though, interesting. reminds me about "one time at band camp" . haha. i had no clue. and way impressive you like to bake bread! lucky! that is FANCY! gosh i didn't know any of these. so fun getting to know you better!