Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We really enjoyed ours together with our family.

After trying several times, blogger has finally let me upload my photos.

Heather (my SIL) & Nancy (my MIL)
ME & Heather
Ben slicing the turkey
I cooked our turkey differently this year. Oh my gosh! It was so delicious & moist!
Here's where I got the recipe & instructions:
How to cook a Thanksgiving Turkey

Ben with his sisters, Heather & Susan
ME & Ben
The Parents
Susan, Miguel, Lorenzo & Richard
Later Joy & her daughter, Tiffany stopped by
How many of you braved Black Friday? I only did it once before and that was in Texas when Nathaniel was 2 1/2 and Felicia was 17 months old. We went to Toys'R'Us very early to wait in line while it was sprinkling & VERY cold outside. {Well COLD for us, it was probably in the 20-30s outside} Not a great experience, so we haven't done it since then.

Well, a few of my friends convinced me to go with them this year. Oh my goodness! It was a BLAST! They are super organized & very efficient. We (Alicia, Jen, Lindsey, Kim & Janie) met at Julie's house at 3:30am and arrived at WalMart at 4am. We all took our positions near a sale item (we helped each other get stuff). At 5am we quickly got what we needed and was checked out by 5:05am! WOOHOO! On to the next store. A few of us got some 1/2 price jeans at Old Navy while others waited in line at Target. It opened at 6am and again we quickly ran around getting what was on our lists (helping each other again). We were all giggling the whole time. Then we stopped at Bath & Body Works to grab some soaps & wallflowers on sale. We finished by having breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We headed home & stopped into Walgreens then were home by 8:30am.

Although, Alicia wanted to go back to Walmart, so Julie & I joined her. We made a few more stops and back to Walmart again. hahaha By the way, do NOT ever ever ever never buy a Walmart Visa/Gift card. They are TOTAL CRAP!!! You have to pay almost $9 just for the card, then $$ you want ON the card. AND there's a $4 monthly fee. As soon as I realized what a rip-off it was, I tried to return it. Walmart wouldn't do it at the customer service. So, I had to call an 800 number to get it refunded! Guess I had to learn the hard way. Oh well, it was so much FUN & I would definitely do it again next year! Thanks for the great time ladies!!
I got these darling jammies for the munchkins at Walmart for $4 each.
They LOVE them!!

I also got these CUTE gloves at Target for 50 cents each (2pack for 99cents)
Ashley & Felicia both wanted the striped pink ones, so they decided to split them!

It was a GREAT weekend! Very tiring but FUN!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh WOW what a weekend!!!!!

Janan said...

Andrea,
We figured out the gift card thing too. But, we luckily didn't buy one! We are going through our bank to get a couple visa gift cards! Check your bank, they will usually have them!!

We got out one and only BLACK FRIDAY need . . . t.v.

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome post ! looks like thanksgiving was awesome! busy busy!
black friday was a blast. i'm so glad you came.