Thursday, December 11, 2008

Step Out Step Up: It's a Wrap!

Tonight my Mom and I volunteered to help wrap gifts that are being donated to United Way and given to economically challenged women. So many women showed up to help wrap 600 gifts. It was amazing how fast we got done. It was at Superstition Springs Mall in the ampitheater (right outside Borders Bookstore), and there was a band playing beautiful Christmas music. When we were done, we were all treated to a big buffet of delicious food (huge breadsticks, ziti with meatballs, pasta salad, sandwiches & brownies from Paradise Bakery, Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets, fresh-squeezed lemonade, hot apple cider & hot cocoa), mini makeovers with Micabella products, hand treatments (kind of like hot parafin wax), and back massages. My Mom & I had so much FUN! We were there to volunteer our time for others and didn't expect to be pampered in return. It was really nice.
Oh and we each got a goodie bag
Full of samples & coupons
Here's my eyeshadow makeover
Since I got the makeover, I got a coupon for a HUGE discount.
I couldn't help myself and got a few eyeshadows for myself.
I didn't pay anywhere near what is listed on their website.
{well, the top one my Mom picked as her Christmas gift from me - it looks really pretty on her}
I had never seen this makeup before. It's not just eyshadow...it's so much more!
It's a mineral powder, so it can go on dry or you can get your brush tip wet & dip into the powder and brush on wet (as eyeshadow or eyeliner). OR you can dip a q-tip (or brush) in lip gloss or chapstick and dip into the powder and mix...voila! You have tinted lip gloss! OR you can take clear nail polish and dip it into the powder, mix and yep...colored nail polish! It's FABULOUS!!! And the ones I got are all shimmery! Oooh la laa!

I told Ben that my Christmas gift from him is covered! LOL

Thanks, Mom for coming with me to this fun event! If I hear about another one, we are definitely going!

I didn't take my camera with me because I wasn't sure if I would have somewhere to put it while wrapping. Guess I should've brought it with me anyway. {Although, there were several photographers there, so our picture may be posted somewhere. And a volunteer from United Way also took our picture & said it could possibly be posted on their site soon. Kind of exciting!}

7 comments:

lacall said...

Andrea ~

You're right! It was a totally awesome evening!! We were thinking how cool it was to be helping out by wrapping gifts for women who might not otherwise have a Christmas - - and then we were being so spoiled and pampered just for giving a little of our time! It was neat to be a part of such a
meaningful program - - can't wait to do it again next year. The poor mall information people are gonna be swamped with calls from women who want to know when next year's "wrapping night" will be!

Thanks for telling me about your email and letting me go with you!! The whole time we were there with the wrapping, the holiday songs in the background and all of the "women helping women" sure made it feel so much more like Christmas!! These kinds of activities really put the "Christ" back into Christmas!!

Love,
Mom

MERRIANNE said...

awww... that is sweet that you & your mom were able to have Mother/Daughter time doing good things for other women!!!!

and your makeup looks GREAT in that picture!!!! It is the perfect look for you!!!!

i love the versatility of mineral makeup. Eyeshadow, BLush, Lipgloss all in one :) pretty neat, huh?!!?

Crazymamaof6 said...

awesome! way to go helping out.
love the new template.
and whoohoo for a goodie bag! that is my single ultimate thrill in life! free crap!
RAD!
awesome eye shadows too.

can't wait for bunko tonight! HEE!

snowflake said...

I love that family picture and your beautiful eyes! That's awesome that you spent time wrapping presents. Thanks for your help.

Unknown said...

you're such a good girl.
YAY you on having mommy/daughter time.

YAY YOU!

Katrina said...

How awesome is that?! What a fun thing for you & your mom to do together!! P.S. Your digital layouts are rockin - you amaze me!

Mesa United Way said...

Thank you for the mention and I am VERY glad you had a great experience. We can't thank everyone enough for taking time out of their busy schedules to do this incredibly nice thing for others. Please check out the photo's of the event on our Mesa United Way facebook. http://www.facebook.com/people/Mesa-UnitedWay/1196907659