Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grocery Savings

Do you check the weekly grocery sale ads? I didn't used to, but I definitely do now. Meat, milk, cheese, cereal, & more have gotten so expensive! I try to only buy some of these items on sale if I can.

Anyway, I used to get these incredible emails that would highlight some of the main grocery items on sale at the major grocery stores (in AZ) for that week. Then it also had recipes & menu ideas according to what was on sale. Well, suddenly my emails stopped due to the high volume requests. So, they started a new website with all the valuable information. I forgot about the site and just found it today. WOW! It's amazing!

It also has info regarding 3-month Food Storage.

The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has counseled us to, “Build a small supply of food that is part of your normal, daily diet. One way to do this is to purchase a few extra items each week to build a one-week supply of food. Then you can gradually increase your supply until it is sufficient for three months. These items should be rotated regularly to avoid spoilage.” All is Safely Gathered In: Family Home Storage, 2007

The site is called Sister Savings. (I also added the link in my sidebar - the fancy smiley face!)

4 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

Oh! Thank you so much for posting this site. I have been wondering where the emails went, too. This is great!

Jen Shumway said...

I used to pass it on to my ward then She went to a web site and have never visited, thanks I am going to put it in my favorites

molly said...

Oh thanks for the info! I have heard about this and wanted to check it out...

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love this site but always forget to go to it. Don't forget Walmart ad matches so take the paper with you there and you can shop in one spot!